Monday, June 27, 2011

1940's swing dress with contrast colour bow

SOLD!

bowcol f

Absolutely gorgeous 1940s swing dress in navy, with contrasting panel with ties at the bust in warm mustard and coral. The ties are long enough to make a bow! Buttons down the side in a hidden placket. Shoulder pads, great little pleating detail at the cuffs. Skirt has front split to allow lots of dancing!

This was one of my first vintage online purchases, and I got a bit too excited at the awesomeness of this dress and decided that the fact it was a bit big for me wouldn't matter, but of course it does! I just loved the style and colours of it.

Measurements

Bust 38
Waist 28
Hips 39

Shoulder to Shoulder 16
Shoulder to Waist 17
Length 41

Condition
Very good condition. Some wear and fading on sleeves, but this is really minor. In fact it is no where near as bad as it looks in the photos, but the crease in the sleeve makes it look lighter/darker than it is. Some colour run form the navy into the yellow panels, but it doesn't really show/stand out when worn.

Price $65

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

Oh! I want! I'll email you.